Discussion Forum

[Patch] Printable deck page

I noticed that there's a lot of extra junk and whitespace when you try to page out a deck page. I've been using these printouts as a deck checklist.

So, I messed around with making a print CSS file for the ViewDeck.aspx page. Think I got it looking pretty good. This will hide most of the stuff, including nav bar, header, footer, comments, etc. You should be left with just the deck title, description, and left/right info columns. Best of all, this only applies for printing, so the CSS doesn't clobber the elements on a browser page.

I've attached the CSS file. Just needs this code on the HTML page:

[link href="stylesheets/print.css" rel="stylesheet" media="print" type="text/css" /]

This LINK should be the last CSS LINK tag to make sure it gets priority. Of course, the "media=print" is critical to make sure it only applies to printed pages. Works on both Firefox and IE, from what I've tried.
Posted 31 January 2011 at 23:21

At work at the mo but will take a look when I get home, thanks for taking the time to do this! :)
Posted 01 February 2011 at 10:11

Freaking sweet :) Sine gets a cookie.. I was going to eat it, but you can have.
Posted 01 February 2011 at 18:54

Gonna have a look at implementing this over the weekend. Thanks for it Sineswiper :)
Posted 04 February 2011 at 09:48

Added it and it works a treat :) Thanks SineSwiper !

Ian
Posted 04 February 2011 at 20:10

Cool. Thanks for getting it implemented.

I'm thinking there would be a good "global" print.css that would at least remove the header/footer information everywhere. Though, I wouldn't really know what else people would be printing besides deck lists. I guess it would just be something for consistency's sake.
Posted 05 February 2011 at 04:53

For consistency yea, I think this print.css would probably work pretty well on most pages anyway. But as you said, I'm not sure what other pages people would print out :p

Ian
Posted 05 February 2011 at 22:10