Discussion Forum

ownership query

hello been lurkin awhile but this query came up yesterday night and i just have to have an answer
i used Enslave to take controlle of a guys creature but the argument came up to who takes the damage

im sayin he owns the card he takes the damage but thier sayin im now the owner so i take the damage

who is correct thanks for any help given and ill go back to lurkin in peace till the next big debate comes up :D
Posted 03 February 2011 at 18:54

the owner is always the player whose deck the card came from.

the controller is the current player in control of the card.

so if you enslave an opponent's creature then you are the controller and they are the owner.

at the beginning of your(the controller) upkeep it will deal 1 dmg to the owner(your opponent)
Posted 03 February 2011 at 19:17

[QUOTE=MJCaboose2170]hello been lurkin awhile but this query came up yesterday night and i just have to have an answer
i used Enslave to take controlle of a guys creature but the argument came up to who takes the damage

im sayin he owns the card he takes the damage but thier sayin im now the owner so i take the damage

who is correct thanks for any help given and ill go back to lurkin in peace till the next big debate comes up :D[/QUOTE]

the owner is always the player to whom the card belongs. the controller is the player who controls the card. you control the creature enchanted with enslave but the other guy is still the owner so he takes the damage.

if ever you enslave a creature like lets say a tarmogoyf and the owner claims you are now the owner, thank him and put the card away in your trademap and go home.
Posted 03 February 2011 at 19:18

thank you gentalmen :)
Posted 03 February 2011 at 20:42

[QUOTE=Seth]the owner is always the player to whom the card belongs. the controller is the player who controls the card. you control the creature enchanted with enslave but the other guy is still the owner so he takes the damage.

if ever you enslave a creature like lets say a tarmogoyf and the owner claims you are now the owner, thank him and put the card away in your trademap and go home.[/QUOTE]

oh Goyf, you dropped so much in price.
Posted 17 February 2011 at 04:06