Discussion Forum

Combo curiosity

If I have in play Cowardice, frozen aether and dream tides does that mean every creature your opponents play goes back to their hand if they untap it?
Posted 04 February 2011 at 22:47

[QUOTE=dannycolledge]If I have in play Cowardice, frozen aether and dream tides does that mean every creature your opponents play goes back to their hand if they untap it?[/QUOTE]

No. Dream Tides does not target (it doesn't say "target" anywhere). It does go well with Frozen Æther, but neither of them interact with Cowardice at all.
Posted 04 February 2011 at 23:50

Thats what I thought. Normally I use slow motion and have storm cauldron out with a few propaganda's, great lockdown deck just need something that targets each creature so they cant play anything. I have 4 pendrell mists in there which is funny with storm cauldron. But nothing to stop them playing any creatures.
Posted 05 February 2011 at 00:00

[QUOTE=dannycolledge] just need something that targets each creature so they cant play anything.[/QUOTE]

Unnatural Selection does that cheaply and repeatedly, and Sea Kings' Blessing can do it massively once for one mana, but they are purely combo cards with no inherent use.

Tolaria is basically an Island with a cheap ability that targets creatures (it can target any creature, even though it will have no effect on creatures without banding), but it's legendary.

Just put something interesting in an Isochron Scepter.
Posted 05 February 2011 at 00:20

Unnatural selection does what i need it to do perfectly thanks just got 4 for £2 so cheap as well
Posted 05 February 2011 at 00:23

This combo is evil, yet I like it. Weird.
Posted 17 February 2011 at 04:01

Yeah and its very funny to play with I'll make the deck n on here of what i Use and put the link on here
Posted 17 February 2011 at 10:24

Here's the deck

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=149525
Posted 17 February 2011 at 11:01