Discussion Forum

Relic Putrescence

I tried to go through the posts to see if someone else has already asked this question but was unable to find it, so if it is out there I apologize.

If you case “Relic Putrescence” on an artifact equipment, my understanding is that it’s a valid target because it still counts as an artifact.

If your opponent equips the artifact to a creature and then attacks with that creature does the artifact equipment become tapped as well as the creature activating “Relic Putrescence’s” triggered ability?
Posted 11 February 2011 at 20:14

equipments(like Auras) do not tap when the creature they are attached to is tapped.

so, yes Equipments are also Artifacts and they are valid targets to be enchanted by Relic Putrescence, however the effect won't trigger unless you have some other way of tapping the equipment
Posted 11 February 2011 at 20:19

Thanks for the speedy response, I didn’t realize that enchantment or artifact equipments didn’t tap with the creatures. My friend will be rather happy to hear that he was right. LOL

Btw thanks for the great website and killer decks.  I’ve learned a lot just looking through the decks and posts on here. 
Posted 11 February 2011 at 20:29