Discussion Forum

free online mtg?

is there anyway to play mtg for free online? iv seen a few programs but they look confusing. it would be great to be able to test play decks online before buying the cards for real. anyone know anything like that?
Posted 13 February 2011 at 05:15

there's Magic Workstation and Lackey CCG

I use Magic Workstation and hook up with my opponent on some form of voice chat, helps it go smoother.
Posted 13 February 2011 at 15:11

magic workstation is the one i was reading about, it seemed kinda confusing to get working though. maybe i should just try it?
Posted 13 February 2011 at 22:12

Cockatrice

Is pretty cool, server lobby, 100+ player atm
Now new Event section created on forum, sadly forum isn't rly active at all
Think I was too much enthusiastic asking for this event section

I didn't really try mws, but I remember installation wasn't that easy, and then program wasn't as intuitive as cockatrice is (tho maybe I didn't try hard enough)

If you feel like drafting or test some specific deck vs another specific deck, don't hesitate posting event section, I'd join !
Posted 14 February 2011 at 20:31

Haven't you played MTG on OCTGN http://octgnsets.freeforums.org/magic-the-gathering-f3.html , it is actually the best client, mws is crap.
Posted 23 May 2011 at 10:07

I've been using MWS for years, the installation's a pain, the program's a piece of crashy shite, and it's used by the most people. Sucks, but that's where I'm at.

For online drafting I use netdraft, it's basic and simple.
Posted 23 May 2011 at 23:19