Discussion Forum

Flanking

I'm certain that this has been covered...but couldn't find it.

If I attack with a card like Benalish Cavalry, and a 1/1 creature blocks, does the blocking creature die from the "flanking" effect AND still block the attack? Or does the "flanking" effect kill the creature BEFORE it can be a blocker, and my 2 points damage go through?

As a side note: I am absolutely thrilled to find a forum like this, able to answer specific questions about game play. There is always one instance per game night where SOMETHING comes up.
Posted 16 February 2011 at 14:04

[QUOTE=Wolfe359_01]
If I attack with a card like Benalish Cavalry, and a 1/1 creature blocks, does the blocking creature die from the "flanking" effect AND still block the attack? Or does the "flanking" effect kill the creature BEFORE it can be a blocker, and my 2 points damage go through?
QUOTE]

"Flanking" does not activate until this creature is blocked and only if the blocking creature does not have "Flanking" as well.

So if this creature is blocked with a 1/1 creature, yes the creature would die from the flanking ability but no the damage would not go through because a blocker had been declaired. so the 2 damage from the Benalish Cavalry would not go through to your opponent as damage, it would simply resovle without doing anything.
Posted 16 February 2011 at 14:10

Excellent! Thank you for the info!:)
Posted 16 February 2011 at 14:12

really nice card btw, I like the concept. :)
Posted 16 February 2011 at 14:18

Fits in well with my Red/White Knights deck....I should post that sometime!
Posted 16 February 2011 at 14:28