Discussion Forum

Question about Magic storyline involving Venser and Bolas

So a friend of mine just asserted to me that Bolas can't planeswalk, except by using Venser, and that Venser can, in fact, planeswalk through time. I've read all the books Venser has appeared in, and I know this isn't right, but I decided to ask to make sure I haven't missed anything.

So, is this true?
Posted 16 February 2011 at 16:00

bolas is bolas he/she can pretty much do whatever he wants to do if you look at one of the books that came with the fat pack for the scars of mirrodin it has bolas planeswalking to the area where tezzeret is so yeah bolas is a planeswalker it means he can planeswalk. your friend is wrong lol
Posted 16 February 2011 at 18:11

I don't know about planeswalking through time, but that would be pretty sick!
Posted 17 February 2011 at 03:29

are these books worth reading? I mean they are based on a game where cards are invented with a competitive game in mind and not a storyline. How do they keep up with all the cards.
I can dig Dungeons and Dragons based novels, there storyline is everything, storyline is the game. I have a few of these magic novels that came with fat packs but I never bothered reading them.
Posted 17 February 2011 at 13:49

[quote=Seth]are these books worth reading? I mean they are based on a game where cards are invented with a competitive game in mind and not a storyline. How do they keep up with all the cards.
I can dig Dungeons and Dragons based novels, there storyline is everything, storyline is the game. I have a few of these magic novels that came with fat packs but I never bothered reading them.[/quote]
The older sets have much better story integrity, because the Blocks went with the theme. This is especially true for the Invasion Block because each set in the Block really meant what the next Book for the Block was about. As well as having Characters everyone recognized and understood. The never stuff really doesnt have the same integrity and interest. I would go and read the Brothers War and all the books in the Invasion Block. You can throw in Time Spiral to a degree with that same series.
Posted 17 February 2011 at 18:11

I don't know, I read the Shards book and two of the planeswalker novels and they were actually pretty good.
Posted 18 February 2011 at 15:52