Discussion Forum

Trample + Infect

For example: Nova Chaser attacks and then Tainted strike is played. How will the will the remaining damage from trample infect them?
Posted 17 February 2011 at 19:09

I would say that it hits any blocking creature with -1/-1 counters, and the remainder goes through to the opposing player, and hits in the form of Poison counters. If nothing blocked it, your opponent would be dead, due to 10+ poison counters.

Now, I've been learning a LOT today about poison/infect....so lets see if I got it right:)
Posted 17 February 2011 at 19:16

that's right, but i think part of your question was omitted.
Posted 18 February 2011 at 01:34

I wondered that too....seemed too easy a question for me to answer.
Posted 18 February 2011 at 13:57

No, that's exactly it. lethal damage (damage greater than or equal to the defending creature(s)' toughness) has to be marked, then the remainder tramples over as poison counters.
Posted 18 February 2011 at 15:49

interesting fact, you can trample over protected creatures
Posted 22 February 2011 at 14:57

Thanks, I had no idea that Trample would go over a creature with protection. The situation has never come up before. :) thanks for the info!!
Posted 24 February 2011 at 20:37

hhaha trust me it will, with mirran crusaders and phyrexian crusader, plus unnatrual predation, this is bound to happen
Posted 25 February 2011 at 05:31

The guys I play with don’t normally use poison, trample or cards that have protection for that matter. That's why the combination hasn't come up as of yet. But it is a nice tid bit of information to keep in the back just incase it does pop up sometime soon since there are some new cards that I might use. :)
Posted 25 February 2011 at 14:37