Discussion Forum

Marked Cards

I was wondering if i have 16 cards that are different from the others and they are not all lands either would they be consider marked cards in causal play even tho i have more then just a few.
Posted 17 February 2011 at 21:09

different how?
Posted 17 February 2011 at 21:52

They are the world champions deck cards so they have the backs different.
Posted 17 February 2011 at 21:54

then they are not legal.

just get some art sleeves, problem solved
Posted 17 February 2011 at 21:56

Right now dont have any more then 40 of each one. So also is that considered marked too.
Posted 17 February 2011 at 22:03

If any cards are different from the rest, be it 1 card or half your deck, this gives you an advantage because you know which has a different backing and your opponent doesn't.
Posted 18 February 2011 at 01:31

I still dont think its marking if u have more then one card of the same mark on the back. The 16 cards have the same backing and the others have there own backing. I feel like since i have more then 4 cards that it doesnt have an advantage because you cant so for sure that you have the card u need or want till u pick it up like any other card.
Posted 18 February 2011 at 07:18

[QUOTE=Chaosmachine420]I still dont think its marking if u have more then one card of the same mark on the back. The 16 cards have the same backing and the others have there own backing. I feel like since i have more then 4 cards that it doesnt have an advantage because you cant so for sure that you have the card u need or want till u pick it up like any other card.[/QUOTE]

If you can convince your casual opponent that it's okay, go for it.

It is definitely a case of marked cards, though. Clear-cut certain.

Maybe you truly can't remember which cards are Championship cards, but if, for example, you know that all of your Birds of Paradise are Championship cards, and you see that the top card of library is not a Championship card, then you know it is not a Birds of Paradise. That is an advantage, and it is one that you are not meant to have without some in-game effect causing it.
Posted 18 February 2011 at 08:38

[QUOTE=Chaosmachine420]Right now dont have any more then 40 of each one. So also is that considered marked too.[/QUOTE]

Yes because if you have 20 lands and 40 spells you could put all your lands in different sleeves and then you know what your drawing into and whats in your hand.
Posted 18 February 2011 at 08:59