Discussion Forum

Exilation in terms of tapped status

Just a quick ruling question here: If, for example, I exile a tapped contagion engine I control with Venser, the Sojourner's +2 ability, would it return to my field untapped at my end step?
Posted 20 February 2011 at 01:47

[QUOTE=NinjaGamer]Just a quick ruling question here: If, for example, I exile a tapped contagion engine I control with Venser, the Sojourner's +2 ability, would it return to my field untapped at my end step?[/QUOTE]

Yes it would.

Permanents enter the battlefield untapped unless some effect (like Orb of Dreams) says otherwise.

More generally, when an object changes zones like that, it becomes a new object with no "memory" of its previous existence.

If you Flicker a Pentavus, for example, it will come back with 5 counters, no matter how many it had when it left. If you Flicker a face-down morph creature (like Akroma, Angel of Fury), it will come back face-up. Auras and equipment become unattached and don't automatically re-attach (auras go to the graveyard). Any counters or damage the Flickered thing had are lost. Effects like those of Mind Bend and Giant Growth lose track of it. Etc.
Posted 20 February 2011 at 02:04

Thanks a lot!
Posted 20 February 2011 at 03:31