Discussion Forum

Vampire

Hey everyone i have been thinking for a long time now and i want to know what vampires would make a goo vampire deck
Posted 22 February 2011 at 01:01

Captivating Vampire, Pulse Tracker, Vampire Lacerator, Viscera Seer, Bloodghast, Kalastria Highborn are a good start.
Posted 22 February 2011 at 01:27

I'm fond of Vampire Nighthawk and Vampire Nocturnus as well.

Feast of Blood is pretty good.
Posted 22 February 2011 at 01:40

I knew I forgot one! And tbh, I was sticking with standard, so Nocturnus is right out.

As for Feast, Go for the Throat is still better because it's on after DoJ.
Posted 22 February 2011 at 01:50

Vampire Nighthawk, Vampire Hexmage and Gatekeeper of Malakir are probably the most useful and effective ones.

most black deck should run a full play set of Hexmages, it's that useful.
Posted 22 February 2011 at 15:10

thanks guys that is alot of help would you guys combine vampires with some red
Posted 23 March 2011 at 09:08

You can just for terminate in extended. Maybe a little burn or Vein Drinker. But really no need vampires are finally as vicious as they should be.
Posted 23 March 2011 at 13:47

I would definitely combine Vampires in Red, be it in Standard or Extended. Lightning Bolt and Arc Trail are just too good in this format and all you really lose is Mind Sludge.
Posted 23 March 2011 at 22:15

Well I am plan on making it a Type 2 deck because in the new set that is coming out in july vampires are coming back:manab::manar:
Posted 24 March 2011 at 22:46

Aha. While I'm fairly positive wizards is going to continue support for the new black tribe (RIP Zombies, you've died twice now), we don't know anything about Innistrad for certain, except that Liliana Vess is most likely going to be a main character. Vampires seem like a logical conclusion given that Vess is a black-aligned 'walker and that's the black tribe, we know nothing for sure.

tldr; Don't get your hopes up, even though you're probably right anyways.
Posted 25 March 2011 at 00:06