Discussion Forum

Removing Counters and vebulid+ninjutsu

Hey!

So heres my situation:

Im currently working on my ninja deck.
Im trying out Vebulid as initiation and was wondering, since it always starts with +1/+1 counters on it and because i remove it from the battlefield during battlephase, if there are cards that can remove counters from a creature for different purposes (like: T, remove a counter from target creature you control, draw a card).
Also i want to ask you if i still have to destroy vebulid if i use it for ninjutsu of my ninjas (cause its not on the battlefield anymore)

thanks in advance!

Midla
Posted 22 February 2011 at 12:20

if an effect removes all +1/+1 counters on it then it dies immediately and is sent to the graveyard.

if you use ninjutsu to remove Vebulid then you don't have to destroy since it's in your hand, not in play.
Posted 22 February 2011 at 15:07

Power Conduit and Sage of Fables can make use of extra counters.

I doubt they'd be worth using with just Vebulids, though; they want to be in decks with lots of counter generators.
Posted 22 February 2011 at 20:16

1. ok thanks for the vebulid+ninjutsu thing.

2. im aware of that. but he generates a counter every turn.
example: i attack with vebulid (2 counters) and its not getting blocked. since i know play ninjutsu and the damage vebulid would deal becomes useless, i would like to at least use one of that two counters to provide me with something.

Do you know any cards like i mentioned above in the thread? i cant come up with any.
Posted 22 February 2011 at 21:39

Fate Transfer would let you move the extra counter to another creature but it's not really worth it.
Posted 22 February 2011 at 21:47

Well my deck is B/U but sage of fables seems a little off since he would be the only wizard in my deck. power conduit doesnt seem too bad since it has low casting costs and no further cost despite tapping, tho its easy to counter.

thanks!
Posted 22 February 2011 at 22:06