Discussion Forum

Lets see if it works...this new forum that is.

Since this is dedicated to variant forms of deck development, I'd like to start by presenting my EDH deck for possible advice.

Deck link: http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=104641
Posted 25 February 2011 at 01:49

cool stuff, your general's Sharuum right? I like it so far.
Posted 25 February 2011 at 02:21

No, my general is Ertai, the Corrupted. I have been considering really hard changing to Sharuum, but that would wreck my game plan when it comes to playing my deck. Maybe I will give it more consideration.
Posted 25 February 2011 at 20:49

looks good overall.

Do stall cards like Ghostly Prison and Propaganda help you out much in EDH? In the kind of games I play they would be fairly useless as people are more likely to hit with a single creature then with many. People also don't mind not attacking and waiting it out, until the board situation changes. I haven't seen many aggro based EDH decks yet and that's where prison would shine.

Why don't you play Ethersworn canonist, it's a bomb in EDH if you run a lot of artifacts?
Posted 28 February 2011 at 09:53

[QUOTE=Seth]looks good overall.

Do stall cards like Ghostly Prison and Propaganda help you out much in EDH? In the kind of games I play they would be fairly useless as people are more likely to hit with a single creature then with many. People also don't mind not attacking and waiting it out, until the board situation changes. I haven't seen many aggro based EDH decks yet and that's where prison would shine.

Why don't you play Ethersworn canonist, it's a bomb in EDH if you run a lot of artifacts?[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's the opposite in my experience, I see a lot of tokens in my group so propaganda makes sense to me. Canonist is good, but so Arcane Laboratory and Word of Law (if you really wanna lock people down).
Posted 28 February 2011 at 21:23

[QUOTE=NightLoki]Actually, it's the opposite in my experience, I see a lot of tokens in my group so propaganda makes sense to me. Canonist is good, but so Arcane Laboratory and Word of Law (if you really wanna lock people down).[/QUOTE]

You probably mean Rule of Law, neither are artifacts though. Canonist is an artifact making it very easy to recure.
Posted 01 March 2011 at 07:52

[QUOTE=Seth]You probably mean Rule of Law, neither are artifacts though. Canonist is an artifact making it very easy to recure.[/QUOTE]

I did mean that. If you've got 'battlecruiser magic' in your area like in Seth's case, Entangling Bridge is probably the way to go (Ensnaring bridge? I don't know).
Posted 01 March 2011 at 09:08

yeah ensnaring bridge would work wonders in our avarage type of game.
Posted 01 March 2011 at 09:57

I have taken much of what you 2 have said and I have changed my Commander as well as several of the cards in my deck.

Deck link: http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=190509

Please be honest and let me know if it is a decent deck, if you have any questions about why I play a certain card I will gladly give you as thorough an explaination as possible. This is by far my favorite format and my favorite deck and I wish to do well with in either regard.

Thank you.
Posted 04 August 2011 at 01:30