Discussion Forum

Wydwen, the Biting Gale [EDH]

Hey all, I figured I'd post my Wydwen deck and see what you guys think of it. Here ya go: http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=155368

Comments appreciated!
Posted 02 March 2011 at 00:45

you play Dark Confidant in EDH? feeling a bit suicidal are we?
Posted 03 March 2011 at 08:24

That's what Top is for. And jace. And any other number of Library manipulation effects. 'sides, I've hit Kozilek off of Bob before and still won, it's not that bad. Venser's Journal also helps stifle the bleeding a bit.
Posted 03 March 2011 at 09:16

yeah Venser's Journal is nice, I should play that in my Sygg River Cutthroat EDH. I should buy me one.

I see you don't play Mind's Eye and Future Sight. Both are pretty insane draw engines. Do you only play 1 on 1? Bob is probably better in a 1 on 1 game on a low mana curve. Mind's eye is pretty sick in multiplayer, Future Sight as well. Future Sight Top = win.
Posted 03 March 2011 at 09:47

Mind's Eye is too expensive for me overall, I can set up much better draw engines for less mana. Future Sight I cut on purpose to lower the overall power-level for more cute things. This deck's strong enough as it is. (quite frankly, it's dumb in 1v1).

Updated:
-1 Island
-1 Crucible of Worlds
-1 Geth, Lord of the Vault
-1 Leyline of the Void
-1 Nevinyrral's Disk
+1 Mishra's Factory
+1 Ninja of the Deep Hours
+1 Æthersnipe
+1 Capsize
+1 Puppeteer Clique
Posted 04 March 2011 at 00:04

[QUOTE=NightLoki]
-1 Geth, Lord of the Vault
[/QUOTE]

OMG, blasphemy!

Geth together with Oona, Queen of the Fae are probably the two most insane cards in my UB EDH. Geth is so good and so much fun to play.
Posted 07 March 2011 at 07:57

Theme comes first! And I just cut Necro....and won my last multiplayer game. I'll get the updated list up later.
Posted 07 March 2011 at 16:30