Discussion Forum

can anyone give me ideas for making this deck better?

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=158576
its a black and red draw and discard damage deck as far as i know its orginal.
Posted 09 March 2011 at 08:39

you should post in the Eternal Format deck development forum section.

about your deck: you should never help your opponent draw cards so you can discard them as a general rule, it's just a bad strategy. People win games because they have cards in their hand, the more cards the better they can interact with the game. Discard shuts that down, it's a strong strategy on it's own without the need for cards like megrim. Cards like Burning Inquiry however make cards like megrim a lot better. At least then you have an aggresive strategy.

By the way you now have a megrim for 2 mana called liliana's caress.

So how to make the deck better:

- Play aggressive creatures so you have an aggro plan. Nyxathid for instance is nice, so is oona's prowler. This is your clock, your way of putting pressure while you disrupt your opponents options by attacking his hand cards. Dark Ritual would be nice to increase the speed of your deck.
- play your liliana's caress + Burning Inquiry + Blightning disruption package to have a secondary way of dealing damage + take away your opponents solutions to your aggro strategy.
- win

power cards to concider: Hymn to Tourach, The Rack
Posted 09 March 2011 at 09:53

but the draw also does damage thus the parasite.
Posted 09 March 2011 at 17:51

I know but you increase your opponents chance to find a solution to your own attack.
Posted 09 March 2011 at 22:19

The Black Rogues from Shadowmore had some cool discaed stuff, with Oona's Blackguard you can really get it done & give you more crature for cheap mana drops. Also if you like the draw so much use Underworld dreams plus get deck to 60 cards.
Posted 21 March 2011 at 05:23