Discussion Forum

Red black needs some help

I started playing a couple months ago. This is the first semi successful deck I've built. but it needs some help. Any suggestions?
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=159680
Posted 12 March 2011 at 04:15

If your not worried abot standard look at Jund and Grixis From Shards of Alara. Try Terminate, Blightning, Lighning Reaver, Jund Hacblade, Vampire Nighthawk. All are affordable and cool cards. Look at Shards of Alara or Shadowmoor both had good black and red. Also Lighningbolt is awesome.
Posted 13 March 2011 at 11:30

Thanks that helps a lot. I'm already in the process of purchasing terminate but hadn't considered Lightning Reaver, Jund Hacblade, or Vampire Nighthawk. I also am thinking that Kargan Dragonlord might be good if it didn't cost so much money.
Posted 15 March 2011 at 20:02

I ran Red Black for a while. Grixis is UBR Jund is BRG but you can do dual instead of triple. Also if you like Grixis maybe mix with vintage Zombies ran real well for me. powned much angry ass.
Posted 16 March 2011 at 12:40

I might be moving this thread, depending on what direction you're going with the deck, as it's looking more and more like extended or eternal. Not having an extended section in the forum kind of bothers me...Anyways, it seems like you don't have a very high amount of creatures in the deck, i'd suggest adding more solid beaters (still don't know what format you're in, so I don't have any specific suggestions). Also, every red deck should run lightning bolt. Arc Trail's a good idea too depending on your playgroup.
Posted 16 March 2011 at 20:36