Discussion Forum

Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas Question.

So, I was thinking of possible combos for infect when I came across this conundrum:

Say I have a Plague Stinger, Silverskin Armor and Tez. I attach Silverskin armor to Plague Stinger so It's now an artifact. Then Use Tez's 2nd ability which states that "Target artifact becomes a 5/5 artifact creature". My question is, if I use it on the Plague Stinger with Silverskin Armor. Plague Stinger becomes a 5/5 artifact creature with flying and infect, when I remove the armor and place it on another creature, is Plague Stinger still 5/5?
Posted 12 March 2011 at 05:23

[QUOTE=InfiniteLunacy]So, I was thinking of possible combos for infect when I came across this conundrum:

Say I have a Plague Stinger, Silverskin Armor and Tez. I attach Silverskin armor to Plague Stinger so It's now an artifact. Then Use Tez's 2nd ability which states that "Target artifact becomes a 5/5 artifact creature". My question is, if I use it on the Plague Stinger with Silverskin Armor. Plague Stinger becomes a 5/5 artifact creature with flying and infect, when I remove the armor and place it on another creature, is Plague Stinger still 5/5?[/QUOTE]

Again, like I say with all my ruling inquires, don't quote me on this but the only reason to have the armor on is to make it an artifact in order to be targetable by Tezzy. It is not required for the creature to remain an artifact to remain a 5/5 creature so by unequipping silverskin armor, it ceases to be an artifact but it has already become a 5/5 creature.
Posted 12 March 2011 at 06:13

Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
Plague Stinger
Silverskin Armor

No where in Tezzeret's -1 does it say that the effect ends ("-1: Target artifact becomes a 5/5 artifact creature.")

The target creature only has to be an artifact
1)When the ability is activated
and 2) When the ability resolves

After the effect has resolved, Plague Stinger would be a
5/5 artifact creature - insect horror with infect, flying, and a converted mana cost of 2.
(not including any equipment or other effects)

It retains these abilities until in leaves the battlefield for any reason.
Posted 13 March 2011 at 08:54

I use his -1 ability with Inkmoth Nexus. I have several wins using this combo.
Posted 14 March 2011 at 11:15

Yeah, I've done that too, I just asked this to make sure.
Posted 14 March 2011 at 22:46

well you could turn the inkmoth nexus 5/5 artifact creature but from what i understand at end of turn it will become a land again that is a 5/5 artifact creature w/o flying and infect. if you activate the ability of the nexus then it will become a 1/1 blinkmoth creaure instead of having 5/5 P/T. tezz ability does not change instances on the card wording so the blinkmoth have to deal 10 infect damage before it wins. you have to remove a counter again from tezz after you've change the land to 1/1 to get the 5/5 flying infect creature
Posted 20 March 2011 at 12:37

Heres a bit of questions.

1) can i eqp equipment to a tapped creature?

2) can i atk with a creature who has become a 5/5 thnx to tezz, while being eqp to another creature?
Posted 27 March 2011 at 10:29

1. yes, you can equip a tapped creature

2. i think you can , if the equipment is a 5/5 creature that is attached, then you declare attackers, you can include the 5/5 equipment. damage is dealt separately

example : darksteel axe equipped to a myr. change the axe to 5/5 artifact w/ indestructible that give +2/+0 to the myr. declare attackers for both.
Posted 27 March 2011 at 15:27

Sadly, number 2 is wrong. Equipment that's a creature cannot be attached to any creatures, and if it's already attached it falls off.
Posted 27 March 2011 at 21:42

Wow, lol. So much for "double atk". Btw jiggs, u think that mr tezz's price will drop soon?
Posted 28 March 2011 at 05:07