Discussion Forum

Madness from the Graveyard

Madness is a great ability for putting creatures back into your hand from the graveyard, it's something that the ability both directly and indirectly excels at. Take directly Call to the Netherworld, Undertaker, and indirectly, Tortured Existence and Restless Dreams for example.

Now my question for you guys is, how can we take this and use it to our advantage with creatures that have synergy with Madness or benefit from coming back into your hand for a second go around. I was thinking something along the lines of creatures that have death triggers with low cost, but also finding a way to incorporate an easy sac as well. Perhaps something like Mogg Fanatic or Mindlash Sliver (which when combined with the card Cry of Contrition makes for a fantastic combo with either, especially with the Madness mechanic.) The colors I'd like to use for this are black and red, both contain a lot of really good cards for these types of combos, and I can do without that silly Wild Mongrel.

This is a casual deck, if it isn't obvious. I just want to make a fun deck using Madness- though I'd like to avoid including cards that have astronomical costs, I'm not made of money. Also, I'm a bit new, please forgive me if this is the wrong place for this kind of thread. Anywho, Hit me with your best ideas!

I couldn't help myself, I'm definitely calling this deck "Sparta".
http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/sparta003zg4.jpg

The current deck that I'd like to change up with suggestions and anything I think of myself.
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=160010
Posted 13 March 2011 at 03:10

there are so many ways you can abuse this strategy. Taking creatures back is always a strong strategy.

First thing that pops to mind is Sadistic Hypnotist paired up with maybe Sengir Autocrat. Reccuring Sengir Autocrat can be great advantage. Add Grave Pact to that strategy and you've got something going. Nantuko Husk and the likes can put in the damage. Nath of the Gilt-Leaf and Vulturous Zombie have a nice synergy with this theme. Reccuring your Fleshbag Marauder is great.

With your own discard theme you can split between a few madness spells and a few big guys you can then cheat into play with the likes of Animate Dead. etc...
Posted 15 March 2011 at 08:02