Discussion Forum

Looking for a little help here

This is my current deck that i play for fun. Im limited by what i currently have for cards but im looking for any helpful input. Mabey some areas of improvement i may of overlooked. I am ultimately looking to get the deck size down by 10 cards. 15 lands(Basic and non) and 45 play cards due to elves/alternate mana production. This is the first deck ive posted on this site and i am just comming back to the game after a decade long break. I think the last packs i purchased before my current purchases were ice age and fallen empires. Thanks in advance for any advice!

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=160957
Posted 15 March 2011 at 17:06

well even with extra mana generation...15 lands is simply not enough.

extra mana generation lets you play more expensive stuff at a faster pace but it doesn't improve your odds of drawing your initial few lands.

with 60 cards i think 18-29 lands is pretty much the bare minimum....most ppl will play at least 20-22....given that your deck is dual colour 22 should be good.

as for cards to cut...Auriok Steelshaper isn't really worth it with only 4 equipments in the deck.
Posted 15 March 2011 at 17:38

Bumping up the mana to 20 total has resulted in more consistant opening draws and faster casting. I need some way of more draws i think with this deck as with the mana and the relatively low casting cost i am casting out alot of my hand very quickly. Any suggestions to this point. I actually might just scrub this whole deck and reset so i can concentrate on building a legaly type 2 deck for FNM local tournaments.
Posted 16 March 2011 at 20:25