Discussion Forum

What Is your Favorite Block

I just thought it would be interesting to see everyone's favorites. Mine is Kamigawa, it had so many fun abilities and gimics.

In addition everyone take the above poll and let us know if you prefer legacy, extended, or standard.
Posted 20 March 2011 at 18:27

It is kind of hard for me to believe that 26 people do not have a favorite block
Posted 24 March 2011 at 14:41

Ravnica, with a quick nod to Time Spiral for being awesome.
Posted 24 March 2011 at 18:17

Ice age was good and so was masques cycle and onslaught so I'm going to cheat and have 3 :p
Posted 24 March 2011 at 20:21

It doesn't matter how many favorites you have, I am just curious about what others like :)

My other two favorites are Ravnica and Zendikar
Posted 25 March 2011 at 17:50

Ive liked every set near enough I personally think the worst set so far is scars.

I've only wanted 7 cards from the whole set so far

Elspeth
Koth
Tezzeret
Venser
Blightsteel Colossus
Black sun zenith
Genesis wave

The rest ive stuck with the zendikar block for my standard decks.
Posted 25 March 2011 at 21:29

I started Magic with Mirrodin, but didn`t like it, so i took a step back and landed with my favorite block, until recent, being Onslaught.
The recent and my favorite now, being Shards of Alara.

Also, i love Legacy. Much more variety and fun
Posted 26 March 2011 at 21:41

Vintage is just as good as legacy though with even more variety lol
Posted 27 March 2011 at 06:54

Vintage for us competitive tournament types is not a good format. Thank you power 9 for making a format with awesome decisions damn near unplayable. Expensive...
Posted 27 March 2011 at 21:44

I love kamigawa because i loved how it took aspects from ancient Japanese culture and adapted it toward overpowered legendaries lol. Every person I trade with that has kamigawa legends up for trade I try and get them cuz it has soo much sentimental value toward me. XD
Posted 28 March 2011 at 05:12

ravnica and lorwyn block are my favorites

Competitivly I only play legacy.
Posted 29 March 2011 at 11:12

I really like Onslaught/Scourge/Legions. A lot of the decks I have are based around tribal themes these blocks had.
Posted 29 March 2011 at 11:39

I really love All the multicolor blocks, Like Shards of Alara, Conflux and so on.. I hate the lack of multicolored cards in the scars block. It's way more fun when the block just begs for you to assemble something unique.
Posted 29 July 2011 at 18:10

[QUOTE=thekandidate]I really love All the multicolor blocks, Like Shards of Alara, Conflux and so on.. I hate the lack of multicolored cards in the scars block. It's way more fun when the block just begs for you to assemble something unique.[/QUOTE]

I like multi color to, but I like cool effects more
Posted 30 July 2011 at 01:58

Sacrs of mirrodin. i love me some myr. innistrad is easily my least favorite.
Posted 05 October 2011 at 17:42

Innistrad is actually one of my new favorites
Posted 05 October 2011 at 17:58

I couldn't say 1. Ravnica, Kamigawa, & Zendikar. I loved Zendikar just for what it did for Vampires making them worthy of being Vampires. I LOVED Simic, Dimir & Boros had all 3 decks. Samurai were really my first MTG deck, Konda & his boys will always have a place in my deck boxes.
Posted 06 October 2011 at 20:42

[QUOTE=MomirBiggsSimicFat]I couldn't say 1. Ravnica, Kamigawa, & Zendikar. I loved Zendikar just for what it did for Vampires making them worthy of being Vampires. I LOVED Simic, Dimir & Boros had all 3 decks. Samurai were really my first MTG deck, Konda & his boys will always have a place in my deck boxes.[/QUOTE]

My favorites too, except Innistrad has been added to my list
Posted 06 October 2011 at 20:53

Kamigawa :manaw::manag::manab::manau::manar:
Posted 24 August 2012 at 16:08

I've always loved the original mirrodin, although scourge and onslaught were also on my top list for favs.....

more recently (well semi recently at least), the entire eldrazi set peaked my interest. The worldwake, zendikar, and rise of the eldrazi was a really neat set.
Posted 03 September 2012 at 15:00