Discussion Forum

Engulfing slagwurm vs Gomazoa (2 part question)

If engulfing slagwurm attacks and is blocked by Gomazoa and the blocking player activates Gomazoa’s ability, which resolves first. The Slagwurm’s ability or Gomazoa’s?

Also just to be clear when engulfing slagwurm is blocked or becomes blocked, so as soon as the blocker is chosen it activates his ability and the other creature is destroyed. Dealing no damage. Correct?
Posted 22 March 2011 at 17:31

once the blocker is declared, the wurm's ability gets triggered and goes on the stack. the defending player responds by activating the gomazoa's ability and putting that on the stack.

gomazoa's ability resolves first, then the wurm's ability fizzles since it can no longer destroy the creature since the blocker is no longer in play.
Posted 22 March 2011 at 18:18

thanks that's what I thought once I layed it out in my head, but I wanted to make sure. :)
Posted 22 March 2011 at 18:50

[QUOTE=LurkerDark]Also just to be clear when engulfing slagwurm is blocked or becomes blocked, so as soon as the blocker is chosen it activates his ability and the other creature is destroyed. Dealing no damage. Correct?[/QUOTE]

Damage is not dealt PERIOD. This effect resolves before normal combat damage or even First Strike damage is dealt. He just goes "Om nom nom" before its' opponent can raise his/her sword :D
Posted 22 March 2011 at 22:19