Discussion Forum

Cube Draft Discussion

So, anyone ever cube draft here? If so, I definitely want to hear and share some stories cuz I love the format.
Posted 24 March 2011 at 07:17

I've been considering starting a cube, but nobody in my group likes to run proxies. I might be starting with a second group that proxies heavily to prepare for tournaments, so I might be able to pitch the idea to them to start a casual break from our competitive matches.

If you have a cube, I'd love to see a list for it. Most intimidating prospect is finding the right cards to generate an intriguing meta.
Posted 28 March 2011 at 13:42

Our playgroup has a really nice cube, I'll see if I can ship you a list. It's powered, but the really really expensive cards are all proxied, so there's that. Everything else is foil though.
Posted 28 March 2011 at 21:57

I've been looking at tutorials for making custom art foil proxies. I've been thinking it'd be a fun hobby to get into once I start building a cube. And once I get access to a better printer >.>

Would love to see your cube list though. But take your time, I'm still on an EDH kick with 3x decks and building. My collection of untraded singles from over the years is rapidly diminishing :P
Posted 29 March 2011 at 04:33

I just had an idea. Would you be interested in a community-made cube project? The reason I'm asking is because aside from you, I haven't seen much interest in cube development on these forums. I think it'd be a fun project to both introduce people to the concept, and to experiment with the kind of meta we could design with multiple personalities contributing.

I also just started working on a pauper cube with cards from my collection. My goal at its roots is to try to create a very specific theme for each color but then also blend all of the colors together in the end, but for that purpose I might have to allow uncommons into the cube as well. It'll probably take a long while, but once I get ~100+ cards I'll start working up a deck list on here.
Posted 02 April 2011 at 21:36

Community-made Cube...I like the idea. A lot actually.
Posted 12 April 2011 at 03:27