Discussion Forum

Comments on my first green/red deck

Hi

I just began to play MtG and I'd appriciate any comments of my fist deck :)

-Heikki
Posted 27 March 2011 at 18:08

where is your deck link?
Posted 27 March 2011 at 18:20

Oops, here it is: http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=165884
Posted 27 March 2011 at 18:22

i think what your trying to do is to take advantage of the quest for the goblin lord. why not creat a R/G goblin deck? put in a kuldotha rebirth, giving you 3 goblins that enter the battlefield ( 3 counters for the quest) remove your infect creatures, add some more low cost artifacts (add more myr sire ) and swing.. you can add goblin bushwacker here as well as goblin guide and also that new goblin that gives battle cry ( forgot the name sorry) use green for combat shenanigans (Ggrowth, primal bellow, vines of vastwood) and remove high costing creatures/spells. this should be another version of an aggro deck
Posted 27 March 2011 at 18:59

Thanks! I'll see if I come across those cards.
Posted 29 March 2011 at 17:23

Do you think I need more than one Quest of the Goblin Lords and Kuldotha rebirths? How many? Or should I just cross my fingers and hope they'll show up in time ::)
Posted 08 April 2011 at 15:46

One general question about gameplay. (I've never played MtG live, only some free games in mgaic online years ago)

How do the token creatures work in actual game? Do I have to have a correndsponding token card or can I just use whatever object available as token? If I need a real "official" token card where do I get these?
Posted 08 April 2011 at 17:12

This is what the official turnament rule book states:

A player must bring the following items to a tournament in order to participate:
• A physical, visible, and reliable method to maintain and record game information (tokens, score counters, pen and paper, and so on).

(This is a vague description, and maybe hard to interpret. The paragraph "Game Markers" clarifies.)

3.7 Game Markers
Small items (e.g. glass beads) may be used as markers and placed on top of a player’s own library or graveyard as a reminder for in-game effects. These markers may not disguise the number of cards remaining in that zone nor completely obscure the any card.
Players using markers to represent in-game components (e.g. permanents) must have a way of clearly representing any in-game status, such as whether a permanent is tapped. Sleeves or card backs that appear similar to any player’s sleeves or card backs may not be used as markers. A tournament official may disallow the use of game markers that can cause confusion or that are deemed inappropriate or offensive.

Regards Kali
Posted 08 April 2011 at 18:08

OK, I remade the deck almost completely. Is it too much tricky to have the main focus on both quest of goblin lord and hunted troll?

I have Windstorms, forked bolt, trophy hunters and goblin balloon brigades to get rid of 4 faeries created by hunted troll.

Kuldotha rebirth with some Myr-artifact creatures help to gain the five tokens for quest of goblin lord with the bunch of cheap goblins.

Can you name any huge weaknesses in this one? I'll give 'em hell next weekend when I play my first game =D
Posted 13 April 2011 at 20:16