Discussion Forum

Sacrifice Question

I was playing with my good pal and i made him sacrifice his only creature but his card had an action that was triggered by him sacrificing. if i ask him to sacrifice his card does his effect get triggered or does he have to sacrifice it himself to use the action?

Sorry if this is in the wrong area i havnt posted before!

--Dcorn
Posted 29 March 2011 at 17:53

Please use specific cards in your example, it makes it a lot easier for us. I wouldn't want to say yes or no with this little information.
Posted 29 March 2011 at 21:23

ok, so you play Gatekeeper of Malarkir and kick him so it forces your opponent to sacrafice a creature.

if your opponent has a creature card out like Festering Gobling and he chooses to sacrafice it, then yes the ability activates and he gets to put a -1/-1 counter on something.

if your opponent has a creature card out like Fume Spitter and he chooses to sacrafice it, then no the ability doesn't trigger. the reason for this is because you can only sacrafice to one thing. since sacraficing Fume spitter is in the cost of activating his ability you would have to do it to activate his ability. not because someone made you sacrafice him.

Now on the other hand he would be able to sacrafice Fume spitter to activate his ability, but he would still need to sacrafice another creature because you made him sacrafice one.

I hope that was clear as mud. :D

I'm sure that if you link the cards we can give you a better explaination then this though.
Posted 30 March 2011 at 21:03