Discussion Forum

Tezzeret Agent Of Bolas Question

What happens if I use liquimetal coating on tez then use his -1 ability on himself?

Can I still use his counters?
Posted 29 March 2011 at 20:35

Well, i guess if you used liquimetal coating on him, he`d become an Artifact Planeswalker - Tezzeret, so yes, you can use his ability on himself, and he will become a 5/5 artifact creature, that`s also a Planeswalker. And you can use his abilities, not sure, if he`d go to the graveyard if his Loyality becomes 0, for he`s also a creature, so unless his toughness is 0, he should still remain in play.
Posted 29 March 2011 at 20:54

he becomes a permanent of type "artifact creature planeswalker" that is 5/5 , retains his number of loyalty counters and can use his abilities as normal.
Posted 29 March 2011 at 20:55

And if he gets into combat, he gets damage marked on him AND loses that many loyalty counters. And he's still subject to Doom Blade, Death by 0 Loyalty, he's just way more vulnerable that way.
Posted 29 March 2011 at 21:24

Yup, the question was asked b4, kinda redundant to do so. You are jz making him more vulnerable than he already is.

Fun fact, you can use tezz to turn blighsteel colussus into a 5/5 too, reducins its power by half, not bad if you run into desperate situations
Posted 30 March 2011 at 02:23

If I'm not mistaken his ability doesn't have "in addition to its' other types." so wouldn't it become JUST a 5/5 artifact creature and lose the fact that he's a planeswalker?
Posted 30 March 2011 at 18:47

nope, that kind of ability doesn't affect his card type, merely his creature type (if he had any to begin with).
Posted 30 March 2011 at 21:24