Discussion Forum

copy fireball

what happens when you copy a fireball like spell with for instance conspire or mirari? If you play a fireball for 10 mana, is the copy also X=10?

cheers

Seth
Posted 01 April 2011 at 09:25

Yes it is.
Posted 01 April 2011 at 09:30

Whenever you copy a spell, it already has to be cast. In order for it to be cast you have to pay its casting cost. The X in fireball's casting cost can be anything of course so if you pay 10 into it, the copy will have the same costs paid.

The same is true for Devestating summons. If I have 5 mountains, I tap them all for mana, devestating summons all 5 of them using 1 red. Use 2 more red to reverberate it to get a total of four 5/5s, then use the remaining two for a bushwacker with kicker. Swing for 26 plus what you had sitting on the field all the way up to turn 5.
Posted 02 April 2011 at 16:29

thanks guys
Posted 02 April 2011 at 19:04

[QUOTE=Scotty1700]The same is true for Devestating summons. If I have 5 mountains, I tap them all for mana, devestating summons all 5 of them using 1 red. Use 2 more red to reverberate it to get a total of four 5/5s, then use the remaining two for a bushwacker with kicker. Swing for 26 plus what you had sitting on the field all the way up to turn 5.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Now I have to get reverberates for my red deck >.> lol
Posted 02 April 2011 at 22:04

[QUOTE=SavajCabbaj]Awesome. Now I have to get reverberates for my red deck >.> lol[/QUOTE]

Totally. Worse case scenario you copy a burn spell so say you copy a lightning bolt do deal 6 damage for 3 mana which isn't bad at all.
Posted 03 April 2011 at 03:33

[QUOTE=Scotty1700]Whenever you copy a spell, it already has to be cast. In order for it to be cast you have to pay its casting cost. The X in fireball's casting cost can be anything of course so if you pay 10 into it, the copy will have the same costs paid.

The same is true for Devestating summons. If I have 5 mountains, I tap them all for mana, devestating summons all 5 of them using 1 red. Use 2 more red to reverberate it to get a total of four 5/5s, then use the remaining two for a bushwacker with kicker. Swing for 26 plus what you had sitting on the field all the way up to turn 5.[/QUOTE]

So with devestating summons you can "use the mana" to cast something and then sacrifice it? In other words you can sacrifice tapped manna.
Posted 21 April 2011 at 18:57

[QUOTE=jonky]So with devestating summons you can "use the mana" to cast something and then sacrifice it? In other words you can sacrifice tapped manna.[/QUOTE]

Baaah I hate when people think this.

LANDS ARE NOT MANA. LANDS TAP TO MAKE MANA.
YOUR MANA POOL ISN'T SIMPLY THE PLACE WHERE YOUR LANDS ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED.

To put it simply, your mana pool can be simplified into a "bucket." Whenever you tap a land and "Add :manar:to your mana pool", you basically get a cup with red colored water and dump it into the bucket. That red mana can be used after the land that produced it is sacrificed so yes, you can tap 5 lands to throw in 5 'cups' of red mana, take out 1 'cup-full' red mana to cast devestating summons, sacrificing your 5 lands, then use the remaining 4 'cups of red mana' to do whatever it is you want.

*Note* The remaining mana that you do not use DISAPPEARS after you change steps or phases.
Posted 21 April 2011 at 21:16