I've already decided i want 4 in my eldrazi deck
Posted 04 April 2011 at 20:12

[QUOTE=dannycolledge]So who thinks the new karn is broken beyond belief lol

I've already decided i want 4 in my eldrazi deck[/QUOTE]

Link please? :D
Posted 04 April 2011 at 21:37

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=313754
Posted 04 April 2011 at 21:51

Nah, for 7 he pretty OK. Bolas was broken too, but he`s hard to play, so..
Posted 05 April 2011 at 07:09

Wow... if these are serious cards... I'm buying a case of the new set... screw a box or two. LOL

Not to mention, that planeswalker would be completely insane... beyond belief. In any deck really... it would just be a pain to attempt to constantly keep it in play... you'd have everything swinging at it. LoL!
Posted 05 April 2011 at 07:09

Yeah and its not an artifact planeswalker so no shatter lol

I'll be getting a box or 2 the new set looks awesome finally something worth while in the scars block
Posted 05 April 2011 at 09:20

bolas is better
still pretty damn good though
Posted 05 April 2011 at 10:04

Karn the Released
Cost: :mana7:
Loyalty: 6

+4: target player exiles a card from his or her hand.
-3: exile target permanent.
-14: set aside all non-aura permanents exiled by karn, then restart the game. after that, put into the battlefield under your control all cards set aside this way.

So play him in a ramp deck and you've got something like:

t1: forest, (Any 1 drops for mana, BoP, arbor elf, lanwar etc)
t2: forest, explore, forest, two (Any 1 drops for mana, BoP, arbor elf, lanwar etc)
t3: forest. This guy... and not only is he forcing an opponent to lose a card, he's making himself nearly unkillable jumping to 10 Loyalty.

And what's "restart the game" mean?

If its resetting life totals back to 20-20... games will last FOREVER vs this kinda deck.

Seems to me that Hexmage is going to be a HUGE staple in the meta soon, just to deal with this guy... looks like Vampires might be a good thing to start investing into.
Posted 05 April 2011 at 19:02

[QUOTE=insanity228]Karn the Released
Cost: :mana7:
Loyalty: 6

+4: target player exiles a card from his or her hand.
-3: exile target permanent.
-14: set aside all non-aura permanents exiled by karn, then restart the game. after that, put into the battlefield under your control all cards set aside this way.

So play him in a ramp deck and you've got something like:

t1: forest, (Any 1 drops for mana, BoP, arbor elf, lanwar etc)
t2: forest, explore, forest, two (Any 1 drops for mana, BoP, arbor elf, lanwar etc)
t3: forest. This guy... and not only is he forcing an opponent to lose a card, he's making himself nearly unkillable jumping to 10 Loyalty.

And what's "restart the game" mean?

If its resetting life totals back to 20-20... games will last FOREVER vs this kinda deck.

Seems to me that Hexmage is going to be a HUGE staple in the meta soon, just to deal with this guy... looks like Vampires might be a good thing to start investing into.[/QUOTE]

Not really put him in an B/G eldrazi deck with proliferate when he comes out exile any eldrazi with annihilator 2 or more and you've won when his final ability kicks off
Posted 05 April 2011 at 19:15

he will work well with any colorless deck using the Urza's land set which I Will prolly end up doing with this guy, assuming I dont get greedy and sell him like I sold the 2 tezzerets I got when besieged came out
Posted 14 April 2011 at 04:42