Discussion Forum

Trying to revive Deck Destruction!

Well.. without Jace, the Mind Sculptor that is..

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=170281

I stopped playing MTG since the times where Judgement was Standard Legal; and wanted to come back and enjoy the game again. I always loved trying to play either Deck Destruction or Land Destruction; since my first few boosters had a Tome Scour in it I immediately had the urge to go for that; and so I got myself some nice cards.

Problem being, I got too many "nice cards" (I get easily excited :c ) so my deck ended up with too many things; and it has almost non-existent survivability; I haven't had a chance to actually test it (Will do this FNM!) but figured I'd post here and see what are your thoughts (:
Posted 07 April 2011 at 14:16

Can this deck beat a legendary eldrazi. The shuffle in effect makes mill super ineffective. You pretty much have to hope they draw it but can't cast it or discard it, from the look of it.
Posted 07 April 2011 at 14:38

Hmm.. To be honest I didn't know those things existed.
It seems like with most things.. newer cards sure get stronger.

I suppose I'd have to find something to exile specific cards with; I'm pretty sure I saw some of those, I just can't remember the name of those spells right now.

Edit: Duh! Of course.. I knew I had all these weird things for a reason.
Sadistic Sacrament: "Search target player's library for up to three cards, exile them, then that player shuffles his or her library."
Posted 07 April 2011 at 14:50

Oh I guess I missed that. And honestly, I forgot that card even existed.
Kudos.
Posted 07 April 2011 at 14:55

I bult a similiar deck that's UG instead of UB to capitalize on the Hedron Crab's landfall ability and it's worked pretty well. With two or three Hedron Crabs in play, a card like Harrow can rip through an opponent's library.

Without the addition of Green however, you can still make use of fetch land cards, like Terramorphic Expanse or Evolving Wilds. I do find that they slow down your play a bit as your lands keep coming into play tapped though.
Posted 11 April 2011 at 18:09