Discussion Forum

Tezzeret and Infect...

When I turn an artifact into a 5/5 artifact creature with Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, does the artifact still retain its original abilities?

I.E. If I turn a Plague Myr into a 5/5 with Tezzeret, does it still have infect?

Thanks!!
Posted 10 April 2011 at 17:38

[QUOTE=Magic_Reverend]When I turn an artifact into a 5/5 artifact creature with Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, does the artifact still retain its original abilities?

I.E. If I turn a Plague Myr into a 5/5 with Tezzeret, does it still have infect?

Thanks!![/QUOTE]

If you turned an artifact creature that previously had abilities into a 5/5 then yes, they still retain their original abilities. This works for the Plague Myr like you had said.

*Note* This won't work well with inkmoth nexus just for future reference. The turn after you bring it out you can pay the 1 mana to make it a 1/1 infect flying artifact creature, use Tezz to make it a 5/5 that retains the flying and infect for that turn, then it loses those as it "mans-down". The next turn, you cannot simply pay the 1 mana as it goes from a 5/5 with no abilities to a 1/1 with flying and infect again (based on how it's worded).
Posted 11 April 2011 at 14:34