Discussion Forum

help me on some questions

Hi, I just picked up an old deck my cousin made long ago, so these cards maybe not be allowed and such, but I'm playing with some people for fun so it should be good. I do have questions about some cards.

1. Recycle - If I have no cards left in the library and I play a card, since I can no longer draw would I lose?

2. Island Sanctuary - Can I use this card with recycle? I mean since recycle makes me skip the drawing, would this card always be in effect?

3. Library of Leng - Same as #2, can I use this with recycle and not be affected by the last part of recycle?

thanks for any help. I'm playing tomorrow, so if someone can answer them quickly, I'd appreciate it.
Posted 18 April 2011 at 01:25

1) If you're prompted to draw a card and you're unable to due to a lack of a library then you lose the game. If you play a card, you're prompted to draw and if you have no library then congrats, you just killed yourself.

2) It only says you skip drawing cards during your draw step. The only way to keep yourself alive with no library is if you play a card at instant speed during your draw step, otherwise you're prompted to draw by Recycle.

3) With Recycle you discard down to two during your discard phase. Library of Leng out, you never even enter that phase so you don't discard down to two cards.
Posted 18 April 2011 at 03:28

thanks a lot but for #2 i didnt mean the decking out losing part. I meant since I have to skip drawing for island and recycle makes me skip my draw phase, would i be able to use both effects.
Posted 18 April 2011 at 05:39

[QUOTE=redcero]thanks a lot but for #2 i didnt mean the decking out losing part. I meant since I have to skip drawing for island and recycle makes me skip my draw phase, would i be able to use both effects.[/QUOTE]

It's nearly 2 in the morning here and I'm not quite understanding it but if you were to play a spell while recycle's on the field, you can't make Island sanctuary skip the draw as you can only do that during your draw step but Recycle skips your draw step.

Also: You cannot allow for Island Sanctuary to trigger period as you never enter the draw step to "decline the draw during the draw step".

Hope this clears it up.
Posted 18 April 2011 at 05:54

ah thanks much sorry to be of bother
Posted 19 April 2011 at 03:19

[QUOTE=redcero]ah thanks much sorry to be of bother[/QUOTE]

Don't be sorry haha, it's fine :p
Posted 19 April 2011 at 04:52