Discussion Forum

Need help deck building.

Infect deck is the most popular amongst my friends it seems. I'm wanting to make an Anti-Infect Deck (as much as I can anyway) mostly based on Red/Black cards. As Red/Black is kind of my theme.
Posted 03 May 2011 at 10:06

fast old school red burn should be an easy win, Burn/Discard if you want to go RB.
Posted 03 May 2011 at 11:20

Know a good burn deck? to be honest I'm pretty new, I was basically handed a box of approx 8000 cards of years 2006-2011 and they said your turn and stopped playing =/
Posted 03 May 2011 at 14:28

this is something I put together a few months back and it worked pretty good, pretty solid turn 4-5 wins, faster wins do occur but are not consistent. A turn one Kiln fiend that can make contact turn 2 unopposed can give you a turn 3 win.

4 Rift Bolt
4 Chain Lightning
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Lava Spike
4 Shard Volley
4 Fireblast

4 Simian Spirit Guide
4 Kiln Fiend
4 Keldon Marauders
4 Grim Lavamancer

4 Arid Mesa
3 Bloodstained Mire
13 Mountain

It's not really that optimal but it sure can beat a one on one game versus infect. Grim Lavamancer, Chain Lightning and Bloodstained Mire are rather expensive cards but they have long lasting value and you'll be playing them for years to come. You could also play cheaper cards instead and still beat infect easily. Just give it a go with your own build.
Posted 03 May 2011 at 14:52

Thanks, I'll try it out. Also I have tons of bloodstained mire cards. if I recall I have about 12
Posted 03 May 2011 at 15:21