Discussion Forum

Geth's vs Chainer's

I'm having a hard time convincing myself with the decision to replace Chainer's Edict with Geth's Verdict in my casual Necropotence deck:

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=86456

I originally played Chainer's over Diabolic for the Flashback as it comes in handy on occasion. However, with the recent changes I've made to the deck, [CARD="liliana vess"]Liliana can all by guarantee that I get a Mutilate or Nevinyrral's Disk whenever I need it. Could someone please take a look over the build and help me make the decision.

I think I just answered my own question, but perhaps someone might be able to shed some additional insight.
Posted 13 May 2011 at 20:50

Yeah, I think it would be very beneficial to switch em out. My thoughts are more on the lines of "Hm, so this card is nice because you can play it again for 7 mana.. Destroying a creature for 7 mana isn't a very effective use of mana. I mean, you could play 3 of em from your hand and have a mana left over :3
Posted 17 May 2011 at 12:36

There's one big thing to note here too: Geth's Verdict is an instant, which can be quite relevant.
Posted 17 May 2011 at 23:03

Yeah, I pretty much decided right when I hit send. Only reason I didn't remove the post is because it never hurts to have a little support. Sometimes the easy decisions don't seem all that easy.

I decided on the Geth's. The fact of the matter is, I've only probably activated the Flashback on Chainer's a handful of times. While I can justify its use on occasions, there just never seems to be a need anymore now with Liliana shaping my hand (I use her exclusively for her second ability).

And, bottom line, the instant speed is nice and I shouldn't have even hesitated.

Thanks, fellas!
Posted 20 May 2011 at 15:46