Discussion Forum

Gideon + Norn's Annex?

I just thought if this a little earlier, and it seems like a pretty potent combo. I'm not one hundred percent about the ruling, so I would love an answer if you know (no guesses please).

Lets say I have Gideon out and force my opponent's creatures to attack him on their turn. If I also had out Norn's Annex out could they choose not to pay the cost and not attack him, or are they forced to pay :manaw: or :mana2: life? I'm thinking if they are forced to pay the Annex's cost then you could trash someone with this combo pretty good. Even if they are playing white, it could still screw them.
Posted 04 June 2011 at 05:00

Ok, I had a total newb moment. After I posted this, I thought that maybe I should just google it and find out. Well sure enough, I found out that this does not work. Gideon says that "if they are able", and with the Annex on the table they are not able. If the player chooses to pay the cost to attack they must attack gideon though. Oh well. Got a confussing rule cleared up... lol
Posted 04 June 2011 at 05:07

Yuppers, with norns annex they cannot be declared attacking normally like gideon would usually force. If they do pay the price, they have to declare attacks towards gideon.
Posted 04 June 2011 at 07:57