Discussion Forum

Water Prison deck

Ok, so I had this idea for a deck in which you make creatures defending players control into defenders or just not being able to attack with them all together. I also combined this idea with the idea of making the defending creatures flyers, in order to destroy them with whirlwind. The rough idea is sketched here:

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=197382

I wanted to make it so that they couldn't used their mana either, by making their mana into islands and destroying them with tsunami, but i could find a card that would help me with that. The main combo used to kill here is the words of wilding/blue sun's zenith combo. You pay to play blue sun's zenith, in order to draw four cards, but instead you pay and put 4 2/2 bear creature tokens into play. Ior Ruin Expedition is also used for this end. I put multiple basic land cards into this deck in order to speed up the landfall process. Comments and criticisms would be great, as this is my first real attempt at deck building. I would like to know:

1. How can I make this deck stronger. By this I mean, how can I either get more mana, or draw more cards in order to achieve the words of wilding token production?

2. How could this deck fair to aggro/burn decks, and how could I help to beat these deck formats?

3. What would be good cards to sideboard?
Posted 15 June 2011 at 19:28

to post a comment.