Discussion Forum

Help with Eldrazi Conscription combo deck

Hi, I'm new here. I just want to make a silly combo deck to surprise my boyfriend and his buddies with. I have a lot of decks but I've never made one without help.

The idea is to have Lightning Greaves Academy Researchers and Eldrazi Conscription out by turn three ideally. I'm just not sure what direction to go in with the rest of the deck. Maybe Sovereigns of Lost Alara or Arcanum Wings because all I wanna do is cheat out conscription. Maybe go with an aura theme for the element of surprise when conscription does come out.

Other cards im thinking of:
Spirit of the Hearth (or leyline of sanctity?)
silver myr
Noble Hierarch
llanowar elves
Birds of paradise
Aspect of Mongoose
Wrath of God
Calcite snapper
Posted 20 June 2011 at 18:19

Enlightened Tutor and Worldly Tutor might help but you have to have other win conditions other then conscription in case they break it (which they will once they know the deck).
including Replenish seems like a good idea.

A casual way to go but good as a backup next to Sovereigns is Auratouched Mage. It's a mana heavy strategy but pretty powerful if you can make it work. The idea is to fetch Flickerform first. With flickerform attached and enough mana you can protect your auratouched Mage from removal by exiling it (like I said it requires a lot of mana). Anyway everytime you exile it and it comes back you fetch a new aura.

Best way to go is a good aggro strategy (bant colors are good, good creatures and good card draw options like Fact or Fiction). Just start beating their heads in with the likes of Qasali Pridemage, Noble Hierarch, Knotvine Paladin and put in your conscription strategy to put even more pressure.
Posted 21 June 2011 at 07:05

Lost Auramancers is another good option to get the Conscription into play.
Posted 21 June 2011 at 14:15