Discussion Forum

Necropede + Throne of Geth

If I sacrifice Necropede to Throne of Geth, can I decide what order they're put onto the stack, or is it set? Obviously I want Necropede to resolve first so the proliferate affects its token.
Posted 26 June 2011 at 19:54

i dont know if i am correct

But you need to sacrifice so necropede abilitie works then the cost for throne of gethresolves

Or at least i did that in a torney and no one complained!
Posted 27 June 2011 at 12:06

Both abilities trigger at the same time so I believe you can decide which. If this isn't how it works, necropede would resolve first as it's the COST to activate the ability by sending it to the grave and thus triggering the placement of the -1/-1 counter, then allowing for the throne to resolve.
Posted 28 June 2011 at 01:26

Necropede's ability will trigger first. As was said, the cost of sacrificing the Necropede must be payed before you can place the Throne's ability on the stack.
Posted 28 June 2011 at 20:40

[QUOTE=scumbling1]Necropede's ability will trigger first. As was said, the cost of sacrificing the Necropede must be payed before you can place the Throne's ability on the stack.[/QUOTE]

Bah, that sucks but makes sense. Just to be clear, Necropede's ability goes on the stack first and therefore resolves last?
Posted 29 June 2011 at 05:28

[QUOTE=ScottyDoesKnow]Bah, that sucks but makes sense. Just to be clear, Necropede's ability goes on the stack first and therefore resolves last?[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge, the Necropede's ability would resolve first, because it's triggered from Necropede hitting the graveyard prior to the Throne of Geth having it's cost even successfully paid. The Throne's cost must "resolve" before it's ability.
Posted 29 June 2011 at 17:07

[QUOTE=Safearus]To my knowledge, the Necropede's ability would resolve first, because it's triggered from Necropede hitting the graveyard prior to the Throne of Geth having it's cost even successfully paid. The Throne's cost must "resolve" before it's ability.[/QUOTE]

I read the rules and I think I'm screwed here. Necropede will be sacrificed, ability going onto the stack and then the Throne of Geth will activate, going onto the stack on top of the necropede ability. If there were time between the two for it to resolve, that would be the same as being able to play a creature/land/sorcery between paying the cost and it going on the stack.
Posted 29 June 2011 at 23:35