Discussion Forum

Burn Deck Combo Help.

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=203240

So my deck is based around burn and lots of it, in particular there is a combo of two copy spells that allows me to create endless burn spell copy spree. Just looking for advice on how to pull the combo off more consistently. (Love the idea of the combo)
Posted 01 July 2011 at 02:42

I don't get it, how does that create a loop?
Posted 01 July 2011 at 09:57

K so here's the beauty of it,

Stack:

1) any dmg, mill, or loss life spell
2) Wild ricochet on above
3) Reverberate wild ricochet
4) Copy of ricochet targets ricochet
5) 2x copies of ricochet, first targets 1) & then second targets 2)

Repeat step 5 endlessly

best part it you can do it on an opponets spell
Posted 01 July 2011 at 16:23

I can't find a solid yes/no on searching weather it would work for sure, anyone mind telling me if it would actually work (I'm in doubt now)
Posted 01 July 2011 at 21:20

[QUOTE=aaronwardL69]I can't find a solid yes/no on searching weather it would work for sure, anyone mind telling me if it would actually work (I'm in doubt now)[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it would work. In fact, I think you can use 2 Reverberates to do the same thing, since Wild Ricochet costs 4. Unless your goal is to use your opponent's spell against them, Wild Ricochet is pointless. I'll try it out on MTGO tonight and see if it works.
Posted 01 July 2011 at 21:56

So This is the stack

Lightning Bolt
Wild ricochet 1 (target Lightning Bolt)
Reverberate 1 (target Wild ricochet 1)

You resolve Reverberate 1 after which the stack looks like this

Lightning Bolt
Wild ricochet 2 (target Wild ricochet 1)

You resolve Wild ricochet 2 after which the stack looks like this

Lightning Bolt
Wild ricochet 3 (target Wild ricochet 1)

Basically nothing happens, there is no loop, you still end up with 2xLightning Bolt in the end. The only loop here is an eternal copy loop but there's no way to abuse that.
Posted 04 July 2011 at 07:33

The copy loop would work great if you thru some storm cards in there, just do the infinite copy loop which does nothing then play grapeshot or w/e else storm card you have to copy for each spell played.
Posted 04 July 2011 at 23:31

actually storm cards don't work either as you don't play the infinite copies of the spells, you just copy them.
Posted 05 July 2011 at 06:39