Discussion Forum

Shapeshifter

Does it count for like warrior, wizard, ally, etc or just like elf, goblin & so on and so fourth. Old question friends & I had. Thanks in advance.
Posted 02 July 2011 at 05:59

I believe if a creature is a changeling/shapeshifter, it has all supertypes rather than subtype.

It'd be just an elf, goblin, human, etc. but NOT a knight, wizard, rogue, etc.

Not 100% sure but I'm fairly certain this is the case.
Posted 02 July 2011 at 08:43

as far as the game mechanics go there's absolutely no distinction between "race-based" subtypes(elf, goblin) and "class-based"(cleric, warrior) subtypes.

any word after the dash in the type line is a separate subtype and changeling creatures share all of them

supertype refers to keywords like "legendary" and "basic"...words that appear before the card type in the type line.

ex:
legendary creature - elf warrior
supertype type - subtype subtype
Posted 02 July 2011 at 13:39

As far as i can see, it work count as all types, Knight to kithkin. Elf to ork. However, this only applies if the creature has changeling ability, although creatures with changeling tend to be shapeshifters.
Posted 02 July 2011 at 17:59

Specifically, Shapeshifter is its own creature type, which does not inherently grant any abilities. The game mechanic you are referring to is Changeling, which is part of the card text.
Posted 03 July 2011 at 02:22

I always mess up the whole changling shapeshifter thing. Anyway thanks alot.
Posted 01 August 2011 at 13:15