Discussion Forum

Green Sun's Gifts (New multiplayer deck)

Hey guys

threw together a new multiplayer build for our friday night games. It's good old Gifts Ungiven fetching Reveillark/Karmic Guide/Eternal Witness and whatever I need or Green Sun's Zenith into solutions. And all of that with Stoneforge Mystic and swords as aggro package.
Gaddock Teeg for disruption (disrupting myself as well but I'll play him only when I'm ahead)

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=205575

Maybe I need to drop a card for Body Double, just don't know what yet.

cheers

Seth
Posted 07 July 2011 at 09:32

made a bunch of changes

+ 1 Future Sight
+ 1 Azusa, Lost but Seeking

These cards work well together and I can fetch Azusa with Green Sun's Zenith

removed

- 2 Gaddock Teeg

I needed the card slots as I wanted to keep the deck at 80 cards. Teeg stops Green Sun's Zenith which is annoying so I will only need him mid game to protect my aggro strategy and disrupt control decks. I can always fetch him with Green Sun's Zenith or Gifts Ungiven and try to get some sort of Reveillark/Saffi/Teeg soft lock in place .

What currently bothers me most is the lack of mid game power. My curve is very good early on but lacks mid game overpowering cards. Once I get to 8 mana and more there's not much I can do with all that mana. That's the main reason for putting in Future Sight/Azusa so I won't crash mid game.

Should I drop Sword of Body and Mind for Skullclamp?
Posted 08 July 2011 at 10:08

my set Karn Liberated just arrived :) (after a month of waiting). anyway I put 3 of them in the deck and incrased the size to 90 cards. That meant 3 extra land, 3 karn, 2 future sight, 1 primeval titan and 1 kozilek butcher of truth.

that should provide me with enough mid game power. I just hope I still have a strong early game as well. as the card count increases the randomness of your starting hand increases as well. it's a factor but at this point it's hard to shrink the deck back to 80 and keep it strong.

So, what does it take to get some feedback around here?
Posted 08 July 2011 at 18:10

Are you running some sort of house rule that is keeping your card count that high?
Posted 14 July 2011 at 20:39

Why do you really need Asuza in this deck? You don't really have anything for pulling lands from the deck and putting them into your hand. If you cut out Asuza and maybe something else, and replaced your basic lands with their artifact equivalents, you could put in Puresteel paladin and get off his metalcraft fairly quickly.
Posted 14 July 2011 at 20:57