Discussion Forum

Planeswalker ruleing questions

if i have an enchantment in play that state i cant be target of spells or abilities does that include my planes walker or would i need another enchant for them completely
Posted 07 July 2011 at 18:15

I assume you mean Leyline of Sanctity. It is my understanding that the planeswalker does not have hexproof, so if something like Lux cannon is targeting it, Lux Cannon will succeed.
Posted 07 July 2011 at 20:21

Try4se is right. Planeswalkers you control aren't you, and wouldn't get the shroud effect off of Leyline of Sanctity (or a similar card).

Norn's Annex and a few other cards present the new concept of protecting you or a planeswalker you control, but there's nothing I know of that reads similar to "you and planeswalkers you control have Shroud".
Posted 07 July 2011 at 20:49

[QUOTE=Try4se]I assume you mean Leyline of Sanctity. It is my understanding that the planeswalker does not have hexproof, so if something like Lux cannon is targeting it, Lux Cannon will succeed.[/QUOTE]

Unless of course, you redirect the ability :p
Posted 07 July 2011 at 22:11

Doesn't it KINDA work as to lightning bolt a planeswalker, you have to target the opponent, then redirect to the planeswalker? If you can't be targeted...I'm led to the assumption that your planeswalkers can't have noncombat damage redirected to them.
Posted 08 July 2011 at 01:09

You are right, but that in no way gives the Planeswalker shroud, lightning bolt has to be able to target you first, since it can't it can't hit the planeswalker.
Posted 08 July 2011 at 01:20