Discussion Forum

obliterator question

Treat this question like it is coming from a child. i need the full break down on phyrexian obliterator. im sure its as simple as the text reads, i just don't want to have any confusion when explaining it to the people i play against, (i play standard and all of my friends play legacy)
Posted 14 July 2011 at 15:39

Whenever a source deals damage to Phyrexian Obliterator, that source's controller sacrifices that many permanents.

If any damage were to hit it, the owner of that spell, or creature, is forced to sacrifice permanents equal to the damage dealt.

Just rewording... Hopefully that helps your friends.
Posted 14 July 2011 at 15:55

[QUOTE=Try4se]Whenever a source deals damage to Phyrexian Obliterator, that source's controller sacrifices that many permanents.

If any damage were to hit it, the owner of that spell, or creature, is forced to sacrifice permanents equal to the damage dealt.

Just rewording... Hopefully that helps your friends.[/QUOTE]

thank you much, it helped me out a great deal also. i figured thats what it meant but, i've learned the hard way not to assume anything in this game.
Posted 14 July 2011 at 16:07

In a draft one time I got an obliterater out and my opponent had a Shrine of burning rage. I don't know if he just didn't understand Obliterater or what, but he popped the Shrine that had 7 counters on it, to kill my creature, then had to sacrifice 7 permanents. He scooped after he realized he messed up.
Posted 14 July 2011 at 16:38

[QUOTE=pete_h]In a draft one time I got an obliterater out and my opponent had a Shrine of burning rage. I don't know if he just didn't understand Obliterater or what, but he popped the Shrine that had 7 counters on it, to kill my creature, then had to sacrifice 7 permanents. He scooped after he realized he messed up.[/QUOTE]

lol yeah, that would suck pretty bad to be in those shoes. i managed to pull 2 from a pack, and 2 more from a box so, i couldn't resist building a deck with them in it but before this post, i wasn't a 100% sure how they worked.

which raises another question, does land fall under the perm. catagory for its effect?
Posted 14 July 2011 at 18:58

yes, lands are permanents, for any effect.
Posted 14 July 2011 at 19:36

[QUOTE=Seras]yes, lands are permanents, for any effect.[/QUOTE]

that is fantastic news! see, this is exactly why i don't assume anything anymore lol but it seems in this case, it was correct. Thanks Seras
Posted 14 July 2011 at 19:38