Discussion Forum

Goblin Questions

Hey everyone, here are some things my friends and I disagree about regarding my goblin deck. Hopefully you can give me the correct ruling:

Question 1

Ok, here's the situation: I have a Warren Instigator in play and a Goblin Ringleader (or Goblin Matron) in my hand, my opponent has no blockers. It is my turn, I attack with Warren Instigator and play the Ringleader via Instigator's ability. Can I then grab another goblin from the top four cards of my library and play it for free, or does Warren Instigator's ability only apply to goblins in your hand at the time he damages your opponent?

Question 2

I have two attacking Goblin Guides in play. How many cards does my opponent reveal from the top of their deck?
Posted 23 July 2011 at 17:01

[QUOTE=Blakroc]Question 1

Ok, here's the situation: I have a Warren Instigator in play and a Goblin Ringleader (or Goblin Matron) in my hand, my opponent has no blockers. It is my turn, I attack with Warren Instigator and play the Ringleader via Instigator's ability. Can I then grab another goblin from the top four cards of my library and play it for free, or does Warren Instigator's ability only apply to goblins in your hand at the time he damages your opponent?
[/QUOTE]

Waren Instigator attacks.
No blockers or spells are declared.
Waren Instigator deals first strike damage. His ability is put on the stack.
The ability resolves. You play Goblin Ringleader with it. His ability is put on the stack.
Ringleader's ability resolves. You receive a second Ringleader from the reveal.
No more abilities activate.
Waren Instigator deals normal damage. His ability is put on the stack.
The ability resolves. You play the second Ringleader. The ringleader's ability is put on the stack.
It resolves. You reveal the top 4.

[QUOTE=Blakroc]Question 2

I have two attacking Goblin Guides in play. How many cards does my opponent reveal from the top of their deck?[/QUOTE]

Each Goblin Guide's ability resolves independently of each other. He reveals one card per guide.
Posted 23 July 2011 at 19:42

Thanks for the help. =D
Posted 25 July 2011 at 03:46

The Goblin Guide reveals the top card. So for instance: first one swings and the card is a nonland it goes back and the second one will just reveal it again. But if the first one reveals a land it'll go in their hand and you'll reveal the new top card. Hoping its not another land.
Posted 25 September 2011 at 01:44