Discussion Forum

EDH two-headed giant sugestions?

One of the card shops in my local area is going to have a EDH THG tournament in a few weeks. My current and only EDH deck, quite frankly, sucks (It's more or less thisZur the Enchanter deck). It has a decent win % because of how consistent Zur the Enchanter is, but I was on a tight budget when I threw it together so It's not that great.
Also the people in my area are starting to get annoyed about the fact that I spend more time searching my library than actually playing :rolleyes:

So does anyone have any thoughts on what I should do for my next EDH deck?
Do you think I should build around :manau::manar:Niv-Mizzet, the FireMind or perhaps build this :manau::manar::manag:Riku of the Two Reflections deck I've been playing around with on the vault for a while?
Maybe I could throw together a :manau:/:manaw: control EDH deck around Grand Arbiter Augustin IV and hope my second head has a half decent win condition?
Perhaps I should build a mono-:manag: with Omnath, Locus of Mana and use the massive Speed advantage mono color gives me to just waltz over the other team, but that could be difficult because they start with 60 life.
Or should I just fix up my existing :manaw::manau::manab:Zur deck and be happy?

TL;DR:I have too many options and not enough advice to work with. Any recommendations/thoughts on Two-Headed Giant EDH and what deck I should bring?
Posted 27 July 2011 at 09:49

[QUOTE=SilverTabby]One of the card shops in my local area is going to have a EDH THG tournament in a few weeks. My current and only EDH deck, quite frankly, sucks (It's more or less thisZur the Enchanter deck). It has a decent win % because of how consistent Zur the Enchanter is, but I was on a tight budget when I threw it together so It's not that great.
Also the people in my area are starting to get annoyed about the fact that I spend more time searching my library than actually playing :rolleyes:

So does anyone have any thoughts on what I should do for my next EDH deck?
Do you think I should build around :manau::manar:Niv-Mizzet, the FireMind or perhaps build this :manau::manar::manag:Riku of the Two Reflections deck I've been playing around with on the vault for a while?
Maybe I could throw together a :manau:/:manaw: control EDH deck around Grand Arbiter Augustin IV and hope my second head has a half decent win condition?
Perhaps I should build a mono-:manag: with Omnath, Locus of Mana and use the massive Speed advantage mono color gives me to just waltz over the other team, but that could be difficult because they start with 60 life.
Or should I just fix up my existing :manaw::manau::manab:Zur deck and be happy?

TL;DR:I have too many options and not enough advice to work with. Any recommendations/thoughts on Two-Headed Giant EDH and what deck I should bring?[/QUOTE]
Personally I would tweak the Zur deck more. You have options to make it into a strong control deck, and with the right cards, you could also make it conform to whatever your teammates deck does. One enchantment that you seem to be missing in this deck is Solitary Confinement that fits so well with Phyrexian Arena. You still draw, and you're untargettable and can't be damaged. Also I don't see Oblivion Ring anywhere... that's a MUST in a Zur deck. Just a couple suggestions, hopefully they've helped.

A few more enchants for this style deck.
Mark of Asylum
Spellweaver Volute
Mind Over Matter (goes with Arcanis the Omnipotent)
Asha's Favor
Arcanum Wings
Posted 27 July 2011 at 15:39