Discussion Forum

Need help with my casual multiplayer deck pls!

Playing multiplayer with a lot of friends and tryed to build a overall good deck but i do not have any succes....

pls help me to sort out what i rly dont need and what could be changed for better.

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=214800

Thank you
Posted 27 July 2011 at 18:21

You really don't have any good early game defense. The cheapest blocker costs 3, and its something you really don't want to block with. You need some more early game blocking ability and/or increased early game mana generation, maybe some other myr so you can drop mana generators on turn two instead of three. With that, you can drop your titans a little bit earlier.
Posted 27 July 2011 at 22:46

Do you know any good other myrs or artifacts that could speed up my mana? or any good early defens creature or spells?
And what should i switch them with?

Thank you :)
Posted 28 July 2011 at 17:22

Well, I thought about it a little bit, although i'm kinda tired right now, so I might have missed something important, but, assuming that you don't want to completely redesign the deck, here is what I think might work for it:
2-Silver myr (You don't really have too much blue in this deck, so you don't need so many of these)
2-Palladium Myr (For a slightly increased mana production rate)
4-leaden myr
2-Liliana Vess (Her -8 ability is important to the function of this deck, so you want to have two of her)
4-Tezzeret's Gambit (Good for drawing and lets you proliferate on your planeswalkers so that you can use Lilianas -8 a little faster)
2-Sorin Markov
2-guard gomazoa
2-Grave Titan (You really don't need to get more than one of these guys on the field at any given time, plus, you can Diabolic Tutor for them in a pinch)
2-sphinx of magosi (Let's you draw a little bit faster, and you can proliferate on it to make it quite strong, makes it easier to stall out until you lifes finale and -8 on Liliana)
4-counterspell
4-Doomblade
2-Diabolic Tutor
2-Lifes Finale
2-exsanguinate
2-Go for the throat
2-Doomblade (So that you can take down opponents artifact creatures)
Plus all the lands you were using.

I'm not sure exactly how well this would work, I haven't built the deck and test ran it, but I think it should work more smoothly than it did before, without major reconstruction.
Posted 28 July 2011 at 19:43