Discussion Forum

More About Myr Battlesphere

Hey guys, I have another question concerning Myr Battlesphere and his little myr friends. The game state is as follows.

I control 2 myr battlespheres, 2 myr galvanizers, 1 alloy myr, and 8 myr tokens (from the battlespheres).

My question is if the game rules allow you to attack with both battlespheres and all myr tokens, and still be able to tap 10 myrs for X into BOTH battlesphere abilities? Bellow are my own observations, I just need to make sure it works.

Declare attackers, both (6/9) battlespheres, and 8 (3/3) myr tokens.
Battlesphere A has an ability trigger as does Battlesphere B. I put A on the stack First, then B.
In response to the ability triggers, I activate one of my myr galvanizer's ability, paying for it with Alloy My, untapping all other myrs.
As Battlesphere B's ability resolves, I tap both battlespheres and all 8 myr tokens, to make X=10.
Once Battlesphere B is finished resolving, and I have priority, I activate my other myr galvanizer's ability to untap all my other myr, again paying for it with alloy myr.
As Battlesphere A's ability resolves I tap 10 myr into the ability again, setting X=10.

Assuming nothing is blocked, total damage done is 16+16+(8*3)+10+10 = 76 total damage.

I guess my main question is, did I break any rules here? And if not, did I do this correctly?

P.S. - For those who will say that I could just make X on a battlesphere infinite, I would like to point out that because this is a triggered ability, and I pay X as it resolves, only get one chance to pay for X, and cannot untap my myrs in order to re-tap them into the same ability.
Posted 28 July 2011 at 17:51

all of your questions can be answered at my previous post about the battlesphere:

http://forums.mtgvault.com/showthread.php?t=4341&page=2

reference that, it will save you a whole lot of time, and prevent getting confused about the card as it is a very confusing card when paired with the galvanizer combo.
Posted 28 July 2011 at 20:27