Discussion Forum

Help my Angels

I have an angel deck I built but it doesn't play well. Before I had problems getting mana and now I have problems getting angels. Any help would be appreciated

Angel Feather
Posted 31 July 2011 at 03:07

yo, i found a nice way to make angels work in a way. Myr. cards that accelerate mana are great for angels to get them out earlier than normal. Myr cards like palladium myr, gold myr, and alloy myr tap to give you mana. pop a few myr in your deck and angels come soaring in in bulk. you can search my deck, its called Angels And Myr. it works okay.
Posted 05 October 2011 at 16:56

Myr are not the answer. If you base your mana production on creatures your deck collapses with the first boardsweeper that's played.

Best cheap way to go is to go to a 2 color mana base and use green to both accelerate your landbase and thin out your deck. Thinning your deck will increase your chances of drawing into good spells.

example ramp package:

4xSakura Tribe Elder
4xCultivate
3xSolemn Simulacrum

15 Forest
5 Plains

Now you can play all the angels you want. If you are going to go over mana cost 6 increase the number of forests to 17, giving you 22 land in total.

Green has the additional huge benefit of offering you a lot of cardadvantage spells that white totally lacks. You can play Greater Good, Hunter's Insight, Harmonize, Soul's Majesty, ...

Drop useless creatures like Soul Warden. If you want life gain add Behemoth sledge or loxodon warhammer. That True Conviction you are running is the way to go.
Posted 06 October 2011 at 06:59