Discussion Forum

Victimize and Bladewing's Thrall

So, the question that I have is about victimize. Let's say that I have Bladewing's Thrall in play, and I play victimize. How does the stack work? I have selected 2 Creatures from my graveyard, say 1 of which is Vorosh, the Hunter. Would Bladewing's Thrall come back into play as a dragon just came into play?
Posted 02 August 2011 at 18:33

are you sac. Bladewing? I don't think you can do that as victimize has you select two target creatures in your graveyard first, and then you sac a creature to bring them out. If you sac a different creature, the way i believe it works is he would get the flying as soon as the 2 returning creatures resolve.
Posted 02 August 2011 at 18:54

Yes, sorry, forgot to mention that I was sacking bladewing's thrall. I understand that you first select the creatures in the graveyard, then you sacrifice a creature.(that creature then Goes to the graveyard) the question is in what order does the stack happen? Does the creature go to the graveyard first? Or do the creatures come I to play first? Because if they come I to play first, then, by rule, bladewing's thrall would come into play, but if they come I to play and then it goes to the graveyard, it wouldn't. That is my question, does that make any more sense?
Posted 02 August 2011 at 19:13

The creature would be going to the graveyard first as that is what the cost is to bring the selected cards back from the graveyard.
Posted 02 August 2011 at 19:30

Yes. It works like this.

1) Choose two target creatures in your graveyard.
2) Sacrifice Bladewing's Thrall
3) Return the two chosen creatures to the battlefield under your control.
4) If one of those creatures is a dragon, Bladewing's Thrall is returned to the battlefield under your control.

Both 2 and 3 occur as the spell resolves, however you must sacrifice a creature (Bladewing's Thrall) before you can return any creature cards from your graveyard to the battlefield; therefore, Bladewing's Thrall would be in your graveyard when the chosen creatures are returned to the battlefield.
Posted 03 August 2011 at 02:04

[QUOTE=SavajCabbaj]Yes. It works like this.

1) Choose two target creatures in your graveyard.
2) Sacrifice Bladewing's Thrall
3) Return the two chosen creatures to the battlefield under your control.
4) If one of those creatures is a dragon, Bladewing's Thrall is returned to the battlefield under your control.

Both 2 and 3 occur as the spell resolves, however you must sacrifice a creature (Bladewing's Thrall) before you can return any creature cards from your graveyard to the battlefield; therefore, Bladewing's Thrall would be in your graveyard when the chosen creatures are returned to the battlefield.[/QUOTE]

yeah this is correct
Posted 03 August 2011 at 07:08