Discussion Forum

extra mana produced by snow lands

I was wondering if I have a snow covered swamp and it produced extra mana from the use of say bubbleing much, Nirkana Revenant and cards with the same ability, does that extra mana count as snow covered mana as well?

so to power Chilling Shade's pump ability?
Posted 12 August 2011 at 20:14

Yes, it will be Snow mana, because the snow-covered swamp produced it.
Posted 13 August 2011 at 01:54

No, it will not be snow-mana, because the mana was produced by an ability that caused additional mana of a specific kind to be produced when the snow land was tapped.

If it says "add an additional :manab:" then that's exactly what it does. :manab: is not snow-black. If it says roughly along the lines of "whenever . . . is tapped for mana, it produces an additional mana of any kind it already produced." then it'd be snow-mana. (note, I know there are cards that read that way, but I don't remember exactly what they say.. so pardon me if my wording is off)
Posted 13 August 2011 at 02:51

They should bring snow-covered lands back...
Posted 14 August 2011 at 18:57

one of the cards that you were looking for is Extraplanar lens it says "whenever a land with the same name as the imprinted card is tapped for mana, its controller adds one mana to his or her mana pool of any time that the land produced."
Posted 15 August 2011 at 13:08