Discussion Forum

Deck Challenge: Liquimetal Coating

I would like to see what the masses here at the vault would do with Liquimetal Coating. Be creative

Here is something I whipped up.......

Liquimetal Madness
Posted 16 August 2011 at 17:43

I run a deck that uses Liquimetal Coating + Splinter on my opponent's basic land :p I'm too lazy to post the link (I'm typing this with my cell), but the deck can be found in the Vault, it's named "Land Destruction (Green)"
Posted 16 August 2011 at 21:37

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=222970 This is what i could come up with on the fly. I see Liquimetal and think kill all his stuff.
Posted 17 August 2011 at 04:10

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=121763

Liquimetal coating + Splinter is fun
Posted 17 August 2011 at 07:51

Personally I love using liquid metal coating on something then using prototypeafter bouncing it, If I'm right, then you could copy anything I think(creature wise) say baneslayer =)
and question if you did that same thing with gideon would you be able to get a free 6/6 per turn or something or does this whole concept not work this way?
Posted 17 August 2011 at 22:45

[QUOTE=Deidrick]Personally I love using liquid metal coating on something then using prototypeafter bouncing it, If I'm right, then you could copy anything I think(creature wise) say baneslayer =)
and question if you did that same thing with gideon would you be able to get a free 6/6 per turn or something or does this whole concept not work this way?[/QUOTE]

I doubt that'll work. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the 'bounced' card loose its artifactness once it's back in your hand?
Posted 18 August 2011 at 07:00

I was thinking that it would still be because it said for the turn.
But it is fun to use liquid metal and then say manic vandel
Posted 18 August 2011 at 14:19

[QUOTE=Deidrick]I was thinking that it would still be because it said for the turn.
But it is fun to use liquid metal and then say manic vandel[/QUOTE]

Liquimetal + any artifact destruction is A LOT of fun :)
Other uses are to achieve Metalcraft or to use something unnecessary (like a token creature) as a "sacrifice an artifact" cost. I once sac'd a land to Kuldotha Rebirth in an early verson of my current goblin deck :p
Posted 18 August 2011 at 14:31

In my fail deck, I used liquid metal on my baneslayer so my indomitable archangel would work for it to, sometimes also on indomitable herself, indeed a fun card, but yes by far useing it with splinter is the best way to go
Posted 18 August 2011 at 21:58

[QUOTE=Deidrick]In my fail deck, I used liquid metal on my baneslayer so my indomitable archangel would work for it to, sometimes also on indomitable herself, indeed a fun card, but yes by far useing it with splinter is the best way to go[/QUOTE]

yeah it is, liquimetal coating or using myr landshaper abilitie a basic land and splinter it is amazing!
Posted 27 August 2011 at 21:56