Discussion Forum

EDH Tribal Ideas

I know many people are getting more into EDH since Commander came out. (people will still call it EDH) And I though it would be nice if we all just took the time to layout our plans of any amazing EDH decks that take on a single race as their priority. The two main ones I'm working on are Goblins and Elves.

Goblins:
General: Wort the Boggart Auntie (so I have access to black)
Basis: The main Idea is using goblins that tutor to get out the Kiki-Jiki and Lightning crafter combo. so obviously black is essential as I can ACTUALLY tutor.

Elves:
General: Nath of the Gilt Leaf
Basis: Play elves and make a million dudes then hit an overrun and swing. This deck is a bit more control-y in that it has quite a bit of discard for my generals ability. This deck also would run Nissa Revane and Liliana Vess as well as the Garruks. I can tutor for Nissa or doubling season and pop her ult and get every elf in my deck... which is alot.

So post your favorite EDH tribal deck theme and anything else you wish to tell us.
Posted 18 August 2011 at 20:00

- playing tribal in a sigleton format is about the worst strategy you can pick, it doesn't work (not in a tribal way anyway, I mean I have a Sliver EDH deck but you can hardly call it a tribal deck, it's a combo deck that runs a few slivers and a ton of other stuff).

- how is Kiki-Jiki and Lightning crafter a combo? Lightning Crafter could shoot itself releasing Kiki and creating an infinite loop but by itself that doesn't do anything. What do you use as a kill?

- Strongest aspect about Nath is that he discards AT RANDOM. Very powerful against control decks. But if you want to win by creating a ton of creatures you should play Ghave, Guru of Spores and not elves. He's pretty much broken all the way (thinking Fecundity, Doubling Season, Mirari's Wake, a ton of overrun effects, Juniper Order Ranger, persist creatures... sick).
Posted 19 August 2011 at 13:02